Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I don't mean to brag but...

...sometimes I think my son, who will be four at the end of next month, is a friggin' genius.

Tonight, I was putting him down for bed. I was about to turn out the light, when he asked me to put a blanket over his lamp instead (he has been getting more and more scared of the dark lately).

I told him that I couldn't do that because the light bulb is very hot and the blanket could catch on fire. The ensuing conversation went like this:

Budding Genius: Daddy, what is that cloth called that firemens' suits are made out of? You know, the kind that protects them from the fire?

Daddy: You mean Nomex?

Budding Genius: Yeah, Nomex. Why don't you get a blanket made out of Nomex, and then you could put that over my lamp, and then the blanket won't catch on fire.

Daddy: *Mouth drops open in amazement*

Meanwhile, my two-year-old daughter is obsessing on this CD we got of a woman singing children's songs, and my daughter has big chunks of the song lyrics memorized. It all makes for some interesting times in the Chanman household!

Good Day to You, Sir

No comments: