Monday, September 03, 2007

Good thing it wasn't a jet fighter!

In 2003, President Bush took a spill while riding a Segway, that funny looking two-wheel scooter that was supposed to change the world. Unfortunately for President Bush, he lost his balance and took a header onto the ground. The press was relentless of course, especially a British journalist named Piers Morgan. Morgan called Bush an "idiot" for falling off such a "sophisticated, self-balancing machine."

Well, in a lesson right out of the pages of Aesop, it seems that the other day in Santa Monica, Piers Morgan took a spill of his own. On a Segway. Morgan did President Bush one better by breaking three of his ribs.

I can think of plenty of things for which one could righteously mock President Bush, such as his horrible public speaking abilities, his atrocious policies toward illegal immigration, his out-of-control spending of taxpayers' money, his sense of loyalty that can sometimes lead him to nominate numbskulls to important government positions. One thing though that the left has always stuck to that I thought was just absurd is the assertion that President Bush is stupid at worst or unintelligent at best. All I can say is: F-102. That is the model of fighter jet that President Bush flew in the Air National Guard. It is a rather gross contradiction to call someone stupid when that same person has the brain power to fly a complex aircraft, along with the knowledge of physical principles and avionics that go along with it. I have never had anyone fully explain to me how a man so stupid was able to fly an airplane so complex. Oh wait, I know, someone did the flying for him! It was all a big coverup!


Bottom line, if you are going to make fun of President Bush, you would be wise to pick something other than his supposed lack of intelligence. That meme is tired. Are you listening Mr. Morgan? Raise your hand if you can hear me. Oooooh, sorry! I forgot about those ribs.

Good Day to You, Sir

4 comments:

The Vegas Art Guy said...

The people who hate President Bush, will never give him credit for anything. Most, like Keith Olbermann won't even call him "president". To them, it's always 2000 and Bush just stole the election. What are they going to do come 1/20/09?

Anonymous said...

I rode a Segway once and it took some serious balance . . . I think I even had to sign a waiver so I could play with it for 10 minutes. It definitely was not self balancing.

As to the larger point of your post, I refer to an earlier post of yours (or Darrren's) where the Pres admitted to reading something like 60 books over the summer.

Darren said...

My dad once gave me the "Bush is dumb" line. I replied, "The man flew fighters in the Air Force. Did you?"

Dad came right back: "It wasn't the air force. It was the Air National Guard."

My reply: "Oh yeah, I forgot. They make the planes easier to fly in the Air Guard."

Dad smiled. He knew he didn't win that one!

W.R. Chandler said...

Great anecdote Darren. It's an argument the BDS crowd will always lose.