Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Friends of the Blog say hello

Within the last week, comments have been left on Buckhorn Road by two celebrities - one local, one national - who have jumped on the Buckhorn bandwagon and found out what other people have been missing!

The first visit was from Sacramento radio talk show host and left-wing gasbag, Christine Craft, who is apparently still smarting from me continually referring to her as a left-wing gasbag... or maybe it was when I called her a nasally witch - you'll have to ask her. Anyhoo, in this post from May of this year, Christine just recently left this comment:
hey chanman....be sure to listen to KGO 810 am out of San Francisco on saturday ...dec. 8 at 4pm...I have a special version of your description of me..Christine Craft
Mizz Craft sometimes does host-subbing duties at KGO. All I can say is that when she mentioned me on the radio, she better have mentioned my blog and its web address. San Francisco is a big market, and I would welcome the plug - even if it was only Christine's minions logging on in order to flame me. The tragedy is that I had inadvertently let a couple days go by without checking my online email, so by the time I read her comment, Saturday the 8th had come and gone. Pity. Christine, if you're reading this, do you think you could give us the Reader's Digest version of what you said on the radio?

But it gets even better! Early this morning, I wrote my thoughts on the mass shootings in Colorado Springs and Omaha, along with listing a rogue's gallery of past mass-shootings which were fortunately stopped by private citizens carrying firearms. In describing the woman who stopped the lunatic in Colorado the other day, I got an important detail wrong. This literary hero of mine wrote in to correct me, and I happily stand corrected!
Jeanne Assam was a volunteer security guard. She apparently suggested to the minister that she be allowed to carry her permitted concealed handgun with her when she was at church. Others were also allowed to do so. These were just private citizens who were members of the church and who offered to provide these protective services as members of the congregation.
# posted by John Lott : 4:20 PM
Yes folks, that John Lott! He of well-known books such as More Guns, Less Crime: Understanding Crime and Gun-Control Laws, which totally rewrote the conventional wisdom about the role of the use of guns in self-defense, and the recent book Freedomnomics: Why the Free Market Works, and Other Half-Baked Theories Don't.

Thank you to both VIVs (very important visitors) for patronizing my humble blog... yes, even you Christine.

Good Day to You, Sir

No comments: