Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Our Demagogue-in-Chief to put on a show today

Sometime today, our Dear Leader Obama/Soetoro will surround himself with children who wrote him asking him to ban guns, and then Obama will proceed to posture, pontificate and prevaricate in front of the cameras as he calls for the banning of defensive semi-automatic rifles, magazines that hold more than ten rounds of ammunition, and Lord knows what else.

Surrounding himself with children is a classic maneuver that dictators have used in the past, as you can see above.

I weep for my country.

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free... it expects what never was, and never will be."  -Thomas Jefferson

1 comment:

3rseduc / handsinthesoil said...

Oh my. I had heard of this but the symbolism escaped me. I have seen the propaganda posters for Mao amongst the children, too.

Suddently, I'm no longr hungry for dinnr...my stomach churns.

My husband did ask, how can people let this happen? Don't they understand dictatorships and tyranny? I said, a) thye always think, "won't happen to me" b) we learn a short droll white-washed pargraph in our history textbook about these kidns of guys, genocide, etc. So we never take it to heart...well, at least based on our K-12 education system, few get the opportunity to understand it.

sigh.