Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Obama turns out to be the candidate who is "for the rich"

If there is one description about Mitt Romney I heard again and again from my monolithically Obamaphile students was that Romney only cared about rich people.  Be that as it may, what is more important to note is that, conversely, my students believe with all their heart that Obama is for the little guy.

After looking at this article from CNBC, one thing is for certain:  Even if Mitt Romney really is only for rich people, it turns out that rich people are all about Barack Obama.  Voters in eight of the ten richest counties in the United States went for Barack Obama over Mitt Romney in yesterday's election.

My Obamaphile students were also very indignant that Romney was a "millionaire" (the word being uttered with sneering contempt).  I was rather amused by the confused looks on their faces when I informed them that Obama is a multimillionaire as well.

I am daily astounded by the ignorance that surrounds me.

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free... it expects what never was, and never will be."  -Thomas Jefferson


No comments: