Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Does this sound like a guy who thinks he is going to win?

Perhaps I'm a masochist, but long ago, I signed up with the Obama campaign in order to receive their daily emails on my iPhone.  These emails are often an amusing read, and it lets me know what they are up to.  I have especially chuckled after receiving the numerous emails where Obama and his campaign cronies complain about how Romney is outraising them and outspending them.  This from the same campaign that, in 2008, was bragging to anyone who would listen that Obama was the first candidate to raise over $1 billion.

After reading the following email I received this morning from Barack Obama himself, I can tell you that the mood in the Obama camp is not one of optimism in the 2012 campaign:
W.R. -- 
I don't want to lose this election. 
Not because of what losing would mean for me -- Michelle and I will be fine no matter what happens. But because of what it would mean for our country and middle-class families. 
This race is very close. I'm not willing to watch the progress you and I worked so hard to achieve be undone. 
Time is running out to make an impact -- please don't wait any longer. Donate $5 or more today: [right here he provides his website link, but do your really think I am going to make it that easy for you if you truly want to give him money?]
 I believe in you. If you stick with me, and if we fight harder than ever for the next two weeks, I truly believe we can't lose. 
Thank you, Barack 
P.S. -- I don't know what Election Night will hold, but I'd like you to be a part of the event here in Chicago. Any donation you make today automatically enters you for a chance to meet me -- airfare and hotel for you and a guest are covered.
I especially love the P.S.  Usually, no matter how bad things look for a candidate, we are used to seeing him or one of his surrogates out there on the idiot box, oozing enthusiasm and telling us how great things are going and how fired up the candidate's supporters are.  Instead, we get Obama whining in an email about how he doesn't want to lose this election and begging his supporters to stick with him.

So, God willing, Obama will become a lame duck on November 6th, and then we can await the January arrival in Washington D.C. of... Mitt... Romney.

Why don't I feel all warm and fuzzy?

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free... it expects what never was, and never will be."  -Thomas Jefferson

1 comment:

office 2010 home and student said...

Microsoft will even include Infrastructure Solutions circumstances with buy office home and business 2010 preconfigured variations of Oracle Databases and Oracle WebLogic Server for patrons who don't have Oracle licenses even though Oracle will empower shoppers to obtain and start Oracle Linux pictures on Home windows Azure. Information concerning when precisely this integration will be obtainable weren't shared.