Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Tax Freedom Day!

Congratulations! As of today, you are no longer working solely to pay your taxes for this year, you are now finally working for yourself and your family.
Link
Yes, that's right: Ever since January 1, 2012, every last penny, nickel, and dime you have worked long hours to obtain has not gone to you but to your federal, state, and local governments to pay the myriad of taxes that have been levied upon us.

Think of all the hours of work you have put in from then until now. What I really love from the article I linked is that in 1913, when the travesty known as our federal income tax was established, Tax Freedom Day arrived on January 19th.

Kinda puts everything into focus, doesn't it?

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free... it expects what never was, and never will be." -Thomas Jefferson

1 comment:

Siobhan said...

Hi,

Great site! I'm trying to find an email address to contact you on to ask if you would please consider adding a link to my website. I'd really appreciate if you could email me back.

Thanks and have a great day!