Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Trust me, I just taught my 8th graders about this last week!

I am the first to admit that I have some reservations about Sarah Palin as a serious political candidate. However, I also have to admit, I love watching Palin drive the statists out there stark raving mad; so mad, that in their effort to torpedo any political aspirations Palin may have, their efforts often backfire on them.

Today was a prime example. Palin gave a speech at a Tea Party rally, and told the attendees to not get too overconfident about victory in the upcoming election. She told them not to "party like it's 1773 just yet." Yes, 1773. This was, after all, a TEA PARTY rally. This is a rather important point as you will soon see.

Soon, smug and sanctimonious idiots on the left, such as Markos Moulitsas of the far-left blog DailyKos and Obama cultist Gwen Ifill of PBS began Tweeting to their followers about how Palin had committed another gaffe. Exactly what kind of gaffe they thought Palin had committed, I am not exactly sure. Perhaps they thought she should have mentioned the year 1776 when we declared independence?

However, I instantly recognized that Palin was talking about the Boston Tea Party, which took place on December 16, 1773. I really did teach my 8th graders about this event just last week, and we graded the test yesterday. I say again, the Boston TEA PARTY!

Now that the shock and horror has set in that the bucket of urine that she flung at Palin splashed right back in her face, Gwen Ifill is trying to throw her comments down the memory hole. C'mon Gwen, you can admit you were wrong. It's OK. We can guide you through the process.

'Tis especially sweet for Palin to get one over on Ifill, because I will never forget Gwen Ifill's condescending little snit fit of a reaction to Palin's wonderful speech at the 2008 Republican National Convention. Seriously, watch this :50 of video to find out what waste of oxygen Gwen Ifill is.

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free... it expects what never was, and never will be." -Thomas Jefferson

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.