Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Harry Reid sticks his foot in his mouth again, and hands a big, fat gift to Christine O'Donnell

Fresh off his opinion that Barack Obama is "light-skinned"and doesn't speak with a "Negro dialect," that is of course "unless he wants to," Senator Harry Reid of Nevada spoke some sweet, sweet words about Chris Coons, the Democrat who is now facing off against Tea Party Republican Christine O'Donnell for one of Delaware's senate seats in the coming November election.

Asked about Coons, Harry Reid opined that Coons would have won in the November election even if Mike Castle had managed to best O'Donnell. Reid then uttered this gem:
"I'm going to be very honest with you — Chris Coons, everybody knows him in the Democratic caucus. He's my pet. He's my favorite candidate," Reid said.

"Let me tell you about him: A graduate of Yale Divinity School. Yale Law School. A two-time national debate champion. He represents two-thirds of the state now, in an elected capacity. I don't know if you've ever seen him or heard him speak, but he is a dynamic speaker. I don't mean loud or long; he's a communicator. So that's how I feel about Delaware. I've always thought Chris Coons is going to win. I told him that and I tried to get him to run. I'm glad he's running. I just think the world of him.
He's my pet." (emphasis - W.R. Chandler)
Aside from being weird and creepy, that, my friends, is campaign advertisement GOLD for Christine O'Donnell. Harry Reid may or may not win his reelection bid in Nevada - he is in a statistical dead heat with Tea Party Republican challenger Sharron Angle - but the man is pure political poison in the rest of the country, including Delaware, I'm sure. O'Donnell should be hanging that quote around Chris Coons' neck and tying him to Reid at every opportunity.

You would never know it, but I am thinking Chris Coons is hating Harry Reid's guts right about now.

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free... it expects what never was, and never will be." -Thomas Jefferson

1 comment:

Darren said...

Don't count on it. There are places that don't think Reid has been leftie enough, but will still drool all over him during election season.