Tuesday, January 19, 2010

What do these two guys have in common?


Neither of them were able to get Martha Coakley elected! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Has this been a great night or what? As soon as I got a chance to find out that Scott Brown was ahead 52%-47% and that Coakley had conceded, I turned on the cable news the first chance I got. And was it Fox News to which I tuned first? Hell no! I wanted to watch the left-wing morons on MSDNC beclown themselves as they attempted to explain this one away. I was not disappointed.

I tuned in just in time to watch Rachel Maddow tell us all that we shouldn't be too shocked about Scott Brown's win, because Massachusetts isn't a "bastion of liberalism" like everyone thinks by citing all the Republican governors the state has elected. She then went on to begin lamenting the "dire record" that Massachusetts has of never having elected a female senator or governor. So now all of a sudden, Massachusetts is a bastion of conservatism and sexism; at least according to Rachel Maddow. Stellar analysis there, dude.

Then Maddow brought on unstable leftist harpy Joan Walsh of Salon.com, who insisted that this election was not a referendum on President Obama. Hmm, had Coakley won, I would bet dollars to donuts that Walsh would have insisted otherwise. These statist busybodies are oh, so disingenuous.

Later in the coverage, Maddow joined Chris "Obama gives me a thrill up my leg" Matthews in some Boston bar where their every lefty talking point was cheered by the partisan peanut gallery in the background.

I could finally take no more, so I switched over to Fox News where I watched Scott Brown give his victory speech. My favorite part is when he held up a copy of the Boston Herald which had a huge photo of Brown along with a headline that read, "HE DID IT!" Boy, did he.

Let us take quick stock of what exactly Scott Brown has done. In a state where Democrats outnumber Republicans by a factor of 3 to 1; where Barack Obama received 62% of the popular vote over John McCain's 36%; where Democrat Ted Kennedy - The Lion of the Senate - had occupied the up-for-grabs senate seat since 1962 and his even more famous brother, John F. Kennedy had held the same seat since 1952, Republican Scott Brown beat his Democrat challenger by five percentage points. Due to Brown's amazing victory, the Democrats in the U.S. Senate have now lost their short lived 60-vote supermajority.

Let the games begin!

Good Day to You, Sir

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, the irony! Dead Ted's platform of healthcare legislation, hopefully, stopped by the man elected to his senate seat. I'm sorry, the people's seat. BWWAHAHAH!

MO

Law and Order Teacher said...

Even more entertaining have been Olbermann's meltdowns. Really fun to hear street level obscenity spoken in a Shakespearean actor's accent. What a phoney.

Darren said...

From what I've read, Brown is a "northeastern" Republican. That makes him to the left of those of us out here in the West, but I don't know how much of that is due to "social issues", which I don't care much about, and economic/security issues, which I certainly care about.

He's got an (R) after his name, and he's more conservative than his challenger, but let's not paint him as the Great White Hope just yet.

W.R. Chandler said...

Believe me, I don't put any more hope into this guy than I would Mitt Romney. I have always maintained that I am wary of any Republican who can get elected to high office in Massachusetts.

That said, I can't help but find it delicious that anyone with an "R" next to his name could be elected to a seat vacated by a Kennedy and a Democrat who had been reelected since 1962.