Thursday, June 11, 2009

Overwhelmed

Today is the day before my final day of the school year. Tomorrow, I will travel with the 7th graders as a chaperone for their trip to a local waterslide park.

In the meantime, I have a crudload of work to do. My school is moving campuses, so I have had to pack up everything in my classroom for the move. We teachers tend to be natural pack rats, so not only have I had to box everything up, but I have had to scrutinize every book and stack of paper to decide what makes the move and what gets purged. This makes for an agonizingly slow boxing-up process.

As much as I hate to admit it, I am going to need one day next week to pack up the rest of my classroom and move much of it to my new classroom. We received a set number of boxes to pack up our official classroom stuff, but anything personal, I will have to move myself. My new classroom is on the building's third floor, so I am definitely going to be getting my workout.

I am so looking forward to summer and bidding adieu to this year's group of 8th graders.

Good Day to You, Sir

3 comments:

Don, American Idle said...

My father died in Michigan in the middle of my 20th year of teaching. It took nine months to settle his affairs, and when I returned to California, I never went back to get my "stuff." I don't miss it.

The Vegas Art Guy said...

Enjoy your summer Mr. Chanman

Anonymous said...

I went totally digital and tossed all the paper (Why was I saving 5 copies of something I have digitally stored?) in the recycle bin. I feel much lighter.

George.