Monday, April 20, 2009

This is a test, this is only a test

This is a test post. I just tried to sign in, and I was informed that my blog was locked out for 20 days as a possible spam blog. I tried again and I got in, but I'm still wondering if everything is working OK.

What a pisser!

UPDATE: I just asked for a review (as instructed) and entered one of those crazy nonsensical code words, and I received the following message:

Blogger's spam-prevention robots have detected that your blog has characteristics of a spam blog. (What's a spam blog?) Since you're an actual person reading this, your blog is probably not a spam blog. Automated spam detection is inherently fuzzy, and we sincerely apologize for this false positive.

We received your unlock request on April 21, 2009. On behalf of the robots, we apologize for locking your non-spam blog. Please be patient while we take a look at your blog and verify that it is not spam.

Find out more about how Blogger is fighting spam blogs.

Give me a frickin' heart attack, why don't you??!! "False positive" they say? Good thing they weren't diagnosing a disease!

Good Day to You, Sir

2 comments:

The Vegas Art Guy said...

Good thing you were not 'roiding it up either Chanman! Although you would really intimidate your students then!

Darren said...

Same thing happened to me on the day I left for Cancun last summer--how was I supposed to vacationblog with my blog locked out? Fortunately Blogger recognized that they'd locked out thousands of blogs due to a technical tweak and unlocked us all right away.