Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Would you buy a car from this man?

Cal Worthington, eat your heart out! Our benevolent car salesman in chief has promised that he will personally guarantee that warranty on your GM or Chrysler automobile. The Age of Obama is reaching a level of ridiculous proportions.

It is my hope that the steps I am announcing today will go a long way towards answering many of the questions people may have about the future of GM and Chrysler. But just in case there are still nagging doubts, let me say it as plainly as I can -- if you buy a car from Chrysler or General Motors, you will be able to get your car serviced and repaired, just like always. Your warranty will be safe.

In fact, it will be safer than it's ever been. Because starting today, the United States government will stand behind your warranty.
A couple questions for our Dear Leader:

If the warranty is "safer than it's ever been" because the federal government will stand behind it, why shouldn't all auto warranties be backed by the federal government so they can be safer as well?

Where do you, the president, get the authority to unilaterally guarantee these warranties without any corresponding legislation from Congress?

Even better, where is the Constitutional authority for the federal government - president or congress - to guarantee these warranties or to bail out these automakers in the first place? I have rechecked Articles I and II of the Constitution. It ain't there.

Tell me again, what is that word that describes a society in which private businesses are not owned, but are controlled, by the national government? Oh Yeah! Fascism.

Good Day to You, Sir

3 comments:

Don, American Idle said...

Please don't equate the "smiling Hitler" with Cal Worthington. I live near Cal, and I observe him giving back, big time, with many charitable works.

W.R. Chandler said...

I'm sure Mr. Worthington is a fine man, and I applaud his charitable giving. However, I grew up watching his "...and his dog, Spot" commercials, and commercials like that would make want to consider that dealer the last person from whom I would want to buy a car.

Anonymous said...

Give me a f-ing break!!! Let's all just line up and bend over.