Wednesday, September 03, 2008

And now a word from Mrs. Chanman

I realize you don't hear from me very often, but after seeing a headline on Drudge earlier today, I felt compelled to give my two cents.

It seems that US Weekly has chosen their candidate for the presidential election. Mr. Chanman has been trying to convince me of the overt left-leaning bias in the media for almost 9 years. Sometimes I have agreed, other times, I have chalked it up to what I call the Chanman Family Conspiracy Theory. This time, I definitely agree.

US Weekly and I have shared some of the best experiences of my life. While you might think that sounds strange; it's definitely true. Most trips I have taken on an airplane have started with a stop at the airport gift shop to pick up some 'mindless, I'm on a vacation' reading material, almost always including US Weekly. I can remember being pregnant with little Chanman #1 and coming home from work dead-tired, reclining in the glider in his nursery, US Weekly in hand. It's my way of decompressing.

I know that much of what I have read in that magazine is trash, but it's an easy way to take my mind away. What is frustrating is that while I know it's trash, mostly untrue, and definitely exaggerated, there are millions of people who rely on US Weekly for their news. And what will they think when they read US Weekly's latest issue?? That's right: Sarah Palin's life is full of Babies, Lies, and Scandal. Nonsense, I say.

Last Friday morning when it was announced that Governor Sarah Palin was going to be John McCain's running mate, I can't remember a time when I have felt so excited about the future of our country. I am one who can easily be caught up in "it's history in the making", "no matter who wins this election, it's great for our country," etc. However, this time, it's more than that. Sarah Palin is strong, confident, not afraid to stand up for what she believes in, and furthermore, she puts her money where her mouth is. She walks the talk. I actually got tingles up and down my spine just a few minutes ago while I was watching her speech at the Republican Convention. Sarah Palin makes me proud to be an American!

It sickens me to see that cover of US Weekly. What a negative, pro-Democrat spin they have put on the cover of their magazine. I don't even want to know what the article inside says.

I think another exciting moment in my life is just around the corner...say maybe the first Tuesday in November when John McCain and Sarah Palin are voted into office. This will be one special occasion that I can assure you I will NOT be spending with US Weekly. In fact, I can promise you I will NEVER purchase or read that magazine again.

Good day to you, sir (and madam!).

11 comments:

Don, American Idle said...

See, he was right all along. Welcome to the good guys.

Babbie said...

I want to hear from Mrs. Chanman more often!

Mrs. Bluebird said...

You go girl!

nebraska girl said...

Great to hear from you Mrs. Chanman! I too read US, not because I love it or anything but because some some weird reason I have a subscription. I did not initiate this subscription and I've never paid for this subscription, but it just keeps showing up in my mailbox. It will continue to grace my bathroom. I believe that's where it truly belongs.

Anonymous said...

Great post.

Darren said...

I'm sure the fine people at US would say to you, "Now little lady, don't get your panties in a bunch!"

Law and Order Teacher said...

We didn't mean it that way. That's what the writer said on Fox. Sure. It's a little hard to think of it any other way.

The Vegas Art Guy said...

I think your wife should write more often. The two of you would make for a great blogging team.

Mike said...

The bias is unbelievable. It's been a real smear campaign by the media. Most logical folks are pissed off that the media continues to do this...and hopefully it will backfire.

Excellent post, Mrs. Chanman.

Anonymous said...

Mrs. C,

So nice to see your words and especially when I share your sentiments.

It is time for women to wake up and smell the coffee that the left is all about subjugation and that includes women and minorities.

Texas Truth said...

That magazine and all who write for it and erad it are MOOKS!!!!