Thursday, February 07, 2008

Shep Smith serves up a smackdown

Ever heard of Naomi Wolf? She is an author turned political strategist who is most famous for being hired by Al Gore in order to turn him into an "alpha male" for the 2000 presidential campaign. Her advice: wear earth tones.

I have seen her in interviews before, and she comes across as this smarmy, condescending bitch who, in the words of Allahpundit from Hot Air (see blogroll), has a perpetually "creepy, vacant, beatific smile." This segment from an interview between Wolf and Shep Smith of Fox News shows off these descriptions of her in spades. The funny part, is that Shep is having none of it!



I really lost it when she used that "Let's get our babies out of Iraq" line. That idiotic quote was addressed quite nicely by Shep Smith in the clip, but also by a commenter on Hot Air:
Yeah, Naomi - Saddam, Hitler, Pol Pot and Stalin were someone’s babies too.

FWIW, I happen to be 41 and have two kids of my own. I also happen to be an Army field grade officer on my second deployment in three years. All without my binky.
Whether you agree or disagree with the Iraq War, denigrating and infantilizing our troops like that is ludicrous. Good for everyone who calls out that quintessential leftist, Naomi Wolf, for uttering something so idiotic.

I also loved Wolf's throwaway line about "three white guys" when describing the frontrunning Republican nominees. Wasn't it just four short years ago that the Democrats were offering up John Kerry (white guy), Jonathan Edwards (white guy), and Howard Dean (white guy)? That was even in the 21st century! What a tool this woman is.

Good Day to You, Sir

3 comments:

Don, American Idle said...

Smarmy, condescending bitch? Is she a Mrs. Bill Clinton clone?

Law and Order Teacher said...

I have been gone from blogging a long time. I have been dealing with my feelings about my daughter's illness. It was heartbreaking to see you dealing with an illness too. It is very tough to deal with a child's illness when you really have no control over it. Thanks for your last post and I will try to get back in the game.

Darren said...

If more reporters/anchors called people on their stupid comments, perhaps the press in general would get more respect from the public.