Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Mamacita's Manifesto

I am truly at a loss for words at how exactly to convey how powerful the following linked post is. Since I have been a teacher, I have read all the literature and articles about why teachers leave the teaching profession. Common reasons listed include poor pay, lack of admin support, overcrowded classrooms. But those are just the branches. Mamacita of the blog Scheiss Weekly (see my blogroll), has done a masterful job of describing the root cause: disruptive students and their often enabling parents along with the education system's willingness to tolerate it.

If you read any article on my blog that I have ever linked, I implore you to read this one. Mamacita has succeeded in articulating what I have been trying to say for the two years of my blog's existence. Any edubloggers or bloggers, period out there who are reading this blog, I implore you to link Mamacita's post on your blog as well.

Mamacita, my hat is off to you.

Good Day to You, Sir... er, Ma'am.

4 comments:

The Vegas Art Guy said...

I'm off to read it now.

As an aside, I have an interview tomorrow for a long term subbing gig that runs from Oct. 8 through Dec 21. It's for 9th grade history (my second favorite after English) so it should be a blast.

Wish me luck.

Mamacita (The REAL one) said...

Thank you so very much for all of those kind words! Very much appreciated, every one of them. And YOU.

Mrs. Bluebird said...

Her post certainly rocks!

Darren said...

This past week I had another of those situations that caused me to start hitting the internet want-ads. Sometimes this crap is *not* worth it.