Monday, September 11, 2006

A final thought on that terrible day five years ago

Warning: Graphic language in the video. Of course, if you witnessed the same thing, what would you say in reaction?

I found this video a couple of months ago, and it has always been one of the pieces of video footage taken on September 11, 2001 that has haunted me the most. It's not so much the image, but the raw emotional reaction of the people taking the video. They weren't news people; they were just some regular citizens who were filming what they probably thought was just a horrible accident at the World Trade Center. That first question you hear - "What's this other jet doing?" - sends a shiver down my spine every time I hear it.

Good Day to You, Sir

4 comments:

Teri said...

yeah, that about sums it up. not much more you can say about it.

Anonymous said...

I have seen this footage so many times before, but to hear the people's reaction was gut wrenching. I had to turn down the volume. I felt physically ill.

Anonymous said...

that is so sad. When I see that, I am reminded that, in the blink of an eye, the folks filming and watching the one tower burn, went from not being sure if this was all just some terrible error/mistake/mechanical failure/etc. to KNOWING we were under attack.

I am so sorry for those poor people in the towers. The utter terror they witnessed and were strangled by in their hearts and souls must have been...words fail. My heart goes out to their families. Especially their little ones.

None of them will ever be the same again.

Anonymous said...

Any idea where this video came from or who the original owner was? You said it wasn't news people. Any further information would appreciated.