Thursday, October 27, 2005

Bravo to the NBA!

I usually think sports are a rather insignificant sideshow to the bigger issues we face today. However, as a middle school teacher, I notice how much sports figures influence the fashions and more importantly, the behavior of many of my students. Logic dictates that dressing like a thug from the ghetto can tend to encourage you to act like a thug from the ghetto, even if you are no such thing. Not long ago, the commissioner of the NBA, David Stern instituted new dress code rules for players who are "on duty". Not surprisingly, some of the players are not happy. I gotta tell you, their whining and excuses are pathetic. For specifics, check out the musings of one of my heroes Larry Elder, regarding this subject.

Good Day to You, Sir

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that someone finally took notice. I think the dress code is great. Terry