Sunday, July 15, 2012

While I was away...

The fam and I have been in South Lake Tahoe since early this week attending a family reunion on my wife's dad's side of the family.  That is my partial excuse for having not attended to my blog.  I guess I could blog on the road if I really wanted to, but doing so on my iPhone is downright cumbersome.

I don't enjoy all the other people who are enjoying Tahoe the same time I am, but I certainly understand why so many people go there.  More beautiful country you would be hard-pressed to find.  That and there is so much to do!

During the winter is the skiing of course, but I actually enjoy Tahoe more during the summer.  You can swim, boat, hike, bike, and walk around without freezing your parts off.  And then there is parasailing.  Who would pass up the $65 opportunity to hang from a parachute while being pulled across the lake by a motorboat.  My son and I took a tandem ride, and we LOVED it!  I am horrible at judging distances, but we had to have been somewhere around 300-500 feet in the air.  I was able to take my camera with me and caught our takeoff:



It was quite a thrill ride, and I can't think of anything else I have ever done where I felt so absolutely exposed.  Here are some still shots to give you an idea of the view from up there:





If the mood strikes me, I might post some more pics of our activities, but this experience did it for me!  My son, too!  Next year, when she weighs enough, my daughter has already made me promise that she gets to go up as well.

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free... it expects what never was, and never will be."  -Thomas Jefferson

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.