Sunday, November 08, 2009

Now it's in the Senate's hands

And if it passes the Senate, this trillion-dollar boondoggle is bearing down on you. I'll keep saying it until I am blue in the face: Please show me in Article I Section 8 of the Constitution where it says that Congress can mandate to the American people that they must have health insurance, let alone use taxpayer dollars to provide health insurance.

Nevertheless, late this Saturday night, the House of Representatives passed the so-called "Affordable Health Care for America Act" (HR 3962) by a vote of 220-215, with one Republican voting for it (Cao of Louisiana), and 39 Dems voting against it. Here is a link the final roll call.

Time to start flooding your Senators' inboxes, mailboxes, and switchboards with correspondence galore.

You can start by going here and having a letter sent to them.

Good Day to You, Sir

2 comments:

Texas Truth said...

I have fired off e mail on Friday and Saturday to everyone I could think of in the government. I do not know if it helped, but I will continue the fight until I cannot fight anymore.

Darren said...

If this passes, we're screwed.