Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Psalm 66:6?

In honor of President Obama's first one hundred days in office, a friend of mine named Mike Nevin penned what he called "The Psalm of O." He left it in my comments section, but I considered it too clever not to post it here. Enjoy:

Psalm of O
A psalm of some of the American People.

1 Obama is our shepherd, we shall not be in want.

2 He makes us lie down in Green homes, he leads us beside clean waters,

3 he restores my job. He guides me in paths of progressiveness for his name's sake.

4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of conservatism, I will fear no republican evil, for he is with me; his rhetoric and informality, they comfort me.

5 He will prepare a tax relief plan before me in the presence of the upper class. He anoints my health care plan with benefits; my bank account overflows.

6 Surely hope and change will follow me all the days of my life, and he will dwell in the Whitehouse forever.

Parody written by Mike Nevin.

Thank you, Mike!

Good Day to You, Sir

**Update: After I quickly realized that there really is a Psalm 66:6, I looked it up out of curiosity and was amused by what I found. Here is the actual passage:

He turned the sea into dry land, they passed through the waters on foot - come, let us rejoice in him.

What instantly came to my mind was the passage from Obama's speech the night that he clinched the Democrat nomination:

“[G]enerations from now, we will be able to look back and tell our children that this was the moment when... the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal...."

Pure coincidence of course, but amusing just the same.

Good Day to You, Sir

2 comments:

Darren said...

That was funny--in a creepy sort of way!

The Vegas Art Guy said...

I prefer the real psalm, but that's probably why DHS considers me a right wing extremist...