Tuesday, December 11, 2007

If the "metal health" doesn't drive you mad, the cocaine will

Here is something I didn't know: Last month, Kevin Dubrow, the lead singer for Quiet Riot, died of a cocaine overdose.

I was never much of a Quiet Riot fan, but as a young man of 10 or 11 years of age, I do remember the buzz when they came on the scene. A few years ago, I watched a VH1 Behind the Music episode about Quiet Riot. With the popularity of '80s Hair Metal having waned, they were reduced to playing a gig at a nudist colony in Idaho... seriously! That doesn't condone the cocaine use, but perhaps it explains it.

Good Day to You, Sir

1 comment:

The Vegas Art Guy said...

It's bigger news here because Kevin lived here for many years and was part of a local radio morning show. He was a pretty good on the radio although his idea of funny was not mine from time to time... I wish I could say I was surprised that he died from drugs but I'm not.