Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Gosh, I'm a little mystified myself...

**Warning - Harsh language contained in this post. I find the use of asteri*** to be a bit juvenile and condescending:

I heard a very funny story today, confirmed to be true by two of my colleagues who were there. There was a phone conference regarding a hell-on-wheels student today. Present were our principal, the student's teachers, and the student's mom. The teachers had many issues to discuss with Mom, including one recent incident where, in the locker room, the student yelled "Fuck you!" at the top of her lungs. Before the P.E. teacher could bring up this incident, the mother of this student excused herself from the phone to quiet her noisy kids in the background. My colleague told me that the mother put her hand over the phone and yelled, "Shut the fuck up, I'm on the phone!" A few minutes later, the P.E. teacher mentioned the locker room cussing incident. The mother got exasperated and said, "You know, (Student) called her sister a bitch the other day. I don't know where she is picking up this language." The mother was serious folks. And people wonder why we teachers have no problem putting the blame on parents for much of what we endure.

Good Day to You, Sir

2 comments:

Teri said...

Oh, that was too much! What a dumbass.

Darren said...

Well, Double Dumbass on you!

(If you're not a Star Trek fan, you won't get the joke. Go rent Star Trek IV)