Tuesday, March 21, 2006

God's Country

I am really in the mood to vent about some juicy happening at my school of employ, but I have been off track since the beginning of March, and I don't go back until the beginning of April, so I have nothing to share in that department. These long non-summer breaks are weird. Sometimes, I almost forget that I have a job. One fun thing I have done so far on this break was to take my son with me to his Grandma and Grandpa's pad in the mountains of northern California. A late winter snowstorm made it possible for me to introduce him to snow for the first time. Where was Mommy you may ask? We left her pregnant self at home so she could have a weekend to relax without worrying about taking care of her pampered demanding kid, and her 20 month old son, too (ha-ha)! My wife is giving birth to our second child next month, so I figured she could use a little alone time before the arrival.

I thought a photo of a toddler standing enthralled in the wonderment of the winter landscape surrounding him would be a fitting addition to God's Country. Check out his footprints in the foreground that follow him into the background. I wish I could use a closer shot, but posting my son's mug up close on the world wide web just kind of creeps me out.

Good Day to You, Sir

No comments: