Thursday, October 25, 2012

Just in case you were unsure who the NEA supports for President...

The National Education Association (NEA) purports to be a non-partisan organization that represents several million teachers and others who work in education around the United States.

I quit the NEA (along with my state and local teachers union) several years ago, because these organizations do not, in reality, adhere to non-partisan practices.  However, the California Teachers Association (CTA) and the NEA still send me their respective union rag propaganda in the form of their monthly magazine.  CTA's magazine is called California Educator, and NEA's is called NEA Today.

The other day, the latest issue of NEA Today was waiting for me in my mailbox, and after looking at the front cover, I had a pretty good idea of who the non-partisan NEA supported for president in the upcoming election.  Here is the front cover; see if you can figure it out:


I was pretty sure they were endorsing Barack Obama for president, but I reserved final judgement and turned the magazine over to look at the back cover.  Here is what I saw:


Yep, that did it for me. There was no mistaking it now. I would say that after viewing the front and back cover of this month's NEA Today magazine, it is painfully clear who the "non-partisan" NEA is supporting for U.S. President. But wait, there's more. Within the magazine, I found this page where the NEA compares the two main candidates:


If you read the positions of the two candidates about the two candidates, it is again painfully clear who the NEA supports. But here is where I finally began to become rather agitated. It is one thing to lay out - even in a rather biased manner - the positions of the two candidates. But what pissed me off was the choice of photos for Obama and Romney. Obama is shown smiling and pleasant. Meanwhile, Romney is shown with a look on his face that reminds me of a dog trying to pass a peach pit. It is subtle what these flunkies at the NEA have, but it is in your face if you only care to pay attention. I have many problems with candidate Romney on such issues as his past positions on health care, gun control, immigration, and spending. But I have to tell you, I would love to see Romney win just so I can watch the reaction of the Obamabots out there if Obama loses.  

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free... it expects what never was, and never will be." -Thomas Jefferson

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In California, CTA and the NEA are fighting Proposition 32 tooth and nail. They claim that a teacher or public employee union member can opt out of donating money to political campaigns. Yes, but it is a difficult and discouraging process for the employee by design.

However, the one thing people don't understand is that the employee's dues money goes to propaganda pieces like this all year long. CTA, NEA, and the local affiliate spend the whole year publishing left leaning political propaganda disguised as union and community news. Union member's dues money pays for this so called non-political information.

windows 7 home premium retail box said...

For the duration of a convention call today, Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer talked of office mac home and student 2011 a “tipping point” with regard on the partnership. “A lot has transpired and we’re intending to continue on to contend in regions,” he explained. “I imagine equally firms have constantly, no less than many many years, have had respect for one another.”