Thursday, June 07, 2012

The most tone-deaf campaign ad I think I have ever seen

This one is a few days old, but this is the first chance I have had to mention it.  Even after a few days, I still kept bringing up the YouTube video to reassure myself that I saw what I really thought I saw.

First, a little background.  For the last month or two, Barack Obama and his minions have been trying to paint a picture of Mitt Romney as some kind of out-of-touch elitist who fires people on a whim and cares not a whit about the proletariat out there.

So what does Obama do the other day?  His campaign releases the following ad, featuring a... featuring an out... of... touch elitist who... fires people on a whim... and cares not a whit about the proletariat out there.  That someone would be Anna Wintour, the cold-as-ice editor of fashion magazine, Vogue, whose personality is so venomous that she served as the inspiration for Meryl Streep's character in the novel, and later movie, The Devil Wears Prada.  You really have to see this to believe it; and like me, I had to watch it a couple more times to truly believe it:




This ad was so over the top, that leftist commentator Juan Williams had this to say after viewing it:
“That was hilarious. That looks like a parody. It looked like the Romney Campaign planted Dr. Evil in the House of Obama. And, he said, you know, on the day the grim job numbers come out, let’s have someone who reeks of ornamental excess announce that the peasants can have a place at the table. It’s just unbelievable.”
My feelings exactly, Juan.  

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free... it expects what never was, and never will be." -Thomas Jefferson

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The best comments I heard on this ad were from Rush Limbaugh. His take is that this witch-creature has no interest in you or your opinions and she will probably make a late and short showing at the event. Yeah, she wants to be near a representative of the great unwashed masses who probably buys her clothes at Macy's, or Penney's or (gasp, choke, vomit) WALMART!!! The real purpose of the ad is to generate a database of possible Barry-boy contributors.