Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Yo like gimme a job plz

h/t Neal Boortz

I just read a fascinating article written by someone who hires for his business, and let us just say that he is underwhelmed by the caliber of many of the job applicants who contact him. An example:
I recently posted an ad on the magical interweb asking for 3D animation help for $25 an hour... I was not surprised and subsequently disheartened by my lack of surprise to see just how many people didn't seem to have time to respond in any meaningful way. If they aren't interested in the job, fine. An hourly wage of $25 isn't a king's ransom. So don't respond if you don't care.
I just don't comprehend the synaptic orgy that it must take to respond with this:
"ima 3D animator with lots of experience. What r u looking for in particular?"
Well, first I'd like someone who writes in whole words. Second, I wrote three frigging paragraphs about what I was looking for.
I urge you to read the rest of the article, in which the author points out the good, the bad, and ugly of today's job applicants.  

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free... it expects what never was, and never will be." -Thomas Jefferson

No comments: