Thursday, September 01, 2011

Now that's what I call school spirit!

Some parents at our kids' elementary school told my wife about a YouTube video made last May by a local middle school that you just have to see.

With our educational system the way it is, government bureaucrats would look at these students not studying their language arts and math and shake their heads with a tsk, tsk. However, years from now, when they are all grown up, these students will never forget what they did in this video and the work they did preparing for it.

The best part is that this is the school to which my kids are slated to attend when they reach middle school. Knowing what can go on in middle schools (after all, I teach in one), it does my heart well, and my wife's heart well, to know that this is the kind of enthusiasm and spirit that awaits our children in a few years:



"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free... it expects what never was, and never will be." -Thomas Jefferson

No comments: