Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Tell me again why I live in California?

The title of the article says it all:

22 Facts About California That Make You Wonder Why Anyone Would Still Want To Live In That Hellhole Of A State

Some of those facts are rather regional, such as Oakland's police department having to disregard certain calls due to budget cuts. But I will list three more relevant facts to get you started:

#3 The state of California currently has the third highest state income tax in the nation: a 9.55% tax bracket at $47,055 and a 10.55% bracket at $1,000,000.

#4 California has the highest state sales tax rate in the nation by far at 8.25%. Indiana has the next highest at 7%.

#5 Residents of California pay the highest gasoline taxes (over 67 cents per gallon) in the United States.


The statists, environmentalists, and anti-business fanatics have taken this beautiful state and flushed it right down the toilet. It's a damn shame.

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free... it expects what never was, and never will be." -Thomas Jefferson

5 comments:

Henry Cate said...

"Tell me again why I live in California?"

The answer for many is the wonderful weather.

But I agree, there are many reasons to leave.

Darren said...

We pay a lot for this wonderful weather. And when it's 110 degrees in the Central Valley during the summer, sometimes I even wonder why everyone thinks the weather is so darned wonderful! (No humidity *is* a godsend, though.)

Jeannette Hynes said...

Mr. Chandler,

I am a tv news reporter at KOAA in Colorado Springs, CO. Our station interviewed Chris Faughnan's father-in-law in Pueblo today about the recent events and about Chris' memory. Our station has done past stories, but we have no photos of Chris, and we want to honor him properly tonight.
I saw the photo you have on your blog and was wondering if you'd give us permission to use it in our broadcast (with courtesy, of course).
Regards,
Jeannette Hynes
jhynes@newsfirst5.com
719-243-7295

The Vegas Art Guy said...

And that is why I left in 1993 and I don't regret it for a minute.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.