Tuesday, April 05, 2011

American military abides by Sharia law in Afghanistan by "encouraging" our female soldiers to wear the hijab

Take a good long look at that picture. Those are American servicewomen wearing one of the main symbols of Muslim oppression of women. To read more on this travesty, I highly suggest you take a look at this article from the Daily Caller (see blogroll).

While our female soldiers are merely "encouraged" to wear this headpiece when appropriate, I can see the writing on the wall. Having served 12 years in the U.S. Army, I can assure you that when were "encouraged" to do something, it meant, "do it."

Cultural and mysoginistic issues aside, if I was walking around Afghanistan, where bullets or IEDs could erupt at any second, I would much rather be wearing my kevlar brain bucket than a thin piece of cloth. On so many levels, this is a case of sacrificing our female soldiers on the altar of political correctness, including having many of them there in the first place. We still have a rule against putting our women into combat, however, the military has found ways around that rule by not putting our female soldiers into combat units like infantry and artillery, but putting them into designated non-combat units that are then sent into combat situations.

Disagree with me about female roles in our military if you like, but I can't see how you can defend forcing our female soldiers into the Islamic hijab.

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free... it expects what never was, and never will be." -Thomas Jefferson

6 comments:

Larry Sheldon said...

We have lost the war for our homeland.

Marj TheTruck Driver said...

I think I just threw up a bit.

Larry Sheldon said...

It appears that this might have been a one-time posing back in October--anybody got a path?

(discussion on Facebook.)

Darren said...

I hope this is 22. (That's a new term I've created. From the French: deux-deux.)

Don, American Idle said...

I say the blonde GI on the left is actually a man, and I love to think that the Army is giving the radical Muslims the finger with that picture.

Anonymous said...

I think they look hot!