Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Cutting the federal budget... priorities, priorities

When the Republicans recently suggested trimming a paltry $32 billion dollars from Obama's budget-busting $1.65 trillion dollar deficit, even that insignificant sum of money proposed by the Republicans proved too much for Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (who I find to be one of the most repulsive people in recent memory). Reid called the cuts "draconian" and "unworkable."

You want to see an example of what Reid believes to be a federal expenditure that absolutely cannot be cut - because to do so would be draconian and unworkable? Check out this 19 seconds of stupidity:



You know what this means? Harry Reid thinks it is more important that I fork over my hard-earned money to support these poetry-spouting cowboys than it is to be able to contribute to my kids' college funds or to fix the broken air conditioner in my car.

I continue to be astounded by how out-of-touch these bastards are.

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free... it expects what never was, and never will be." -Thomas Jefferson

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tens of thousands of people exist because of the Cowboy Poetry Festival?

Darren said...

It's funny how we can't even cut our budget back to 2007 levels--which were bad enough, but I don't remember anyone dying in the streets then.