Monday, November 22, 2010

Reporting from paradise

For the second time now, we are spending our Thanksgiving week off in Palm Springs, California. Yes, that Palm Springs.

It is a brutal drive no matter which way you take, but once you get there, it really is a beautiful place. Me being me, I don't care much for the urban aspect of Palm Springs, with the ritzy restaurants, resorts, and recreation, but it is so easy to get away from that and see places like you see in the photo. Indian Canyons is the ancestral home of the Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians. In an otherwise inhospitable maze of desert mountains, these people lived for a couple thousand years in these canyon oases where trees grow along the creeks and brooks that flow out of the San Jacinto Mountains. I had to find the photo online, as I won't be able to post any of my own until I can merge the digital camera with our computer at home.

So, update complete.

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free... it expects what never was, and never will be." -Thomas Jefferson

1 comment: