Thursday, November 05, 2009

Do they not think we teachers talk to each other?

Yesterday, I arrived at work just in time to see a skater punk zoom into campus with his skateboard. He made no indication that he was going to stop riding it around campus, even though our school has a policy that once you arrive on campus, you must take your skateboard to the office or otherwise store it.

I walked up this student and informed him of such, and he told me, "Oh, I keep it in Mr. Eisenberg's classroom."

"I see, thank you," I said, and then turned around and walked up to the third floor and knocked on Mr. Eisenberg's door. He answered, and I told him that I was verifying something that a student had just told me, and I asked him if he lets any students keep their skateboards in his classroom. He told me that he had let a student do it once a couple of months ago. I thanked him, then headed back downstairs to the common area where I found this chucklehead student standing there with his skateboard, conversing with his fellow skater punks.

"Hey Mr. Skater Man, your story is bogus. I just checked with Mr. Eisenberg, and he hasn't had a skateboard in his room in a couple of months. C'mon, let's go take your skateboard to the office."

Mr. Skater Man's response: "I didn't know you were gonna check."

Good Day to You, Sir

2 comments:

Larry Sheldon said...

To many words.

"Do they not think." is all you needed. Awkward to answer, but...

No, they don't think.

Darren said...

You have floors at your school?