Monday, September 14, 2009

RIP, Patrick Swayze

I can imagine how my parents felt when the actors of their generation began dying off. Now I am getting a taste of it as well. Despite his horrid personal life, I must admit that I have always loved much of Michael Jackson's music; I grew up listening to it. How weird it was when he died this summer. Similarly, I can track the years of my youth by thinking of movies starring Patrick Swayze. When I was the same age as the middle school students I now teach, I remember watching Uncommon Valor and Red Dawn. In high school, it was Dirty Dancing and Road House. In college, it was Ghost and Point Break.

Thank goodness for the DVD player.

Good Day to You, Sir

3 comments:

The Vegas Art Guy said...

Red Dawn! Talk about a period movie. Back in the day it was not so far fetched!

Even though I knew he was sick it was still a shock.

Anonymous said...

And don't forget the mini series North and South. He was mouth watering HOT in that movie! Well, he was hot in every movie he was in.

The Vegas Art Guy said...

I'll take your word for it anon! ;)