Sunday, June 22, 2008

Wii hate wallpaper!

Not much blogging going on with me so far this summer. With updating of our new house in full swing, I barely get much time to even check the news, let alone blog about it.

The biggest challenge in the new house has been the wallpaper. The elderly lady who owned this house, bless her heart, had almost every room either partially or fully decked out in the most hideous wallpaper you can imagine. In 2008, you would think that they have come up with an easy and hassle-free system of removing wallpaper, but they haven't. It still must be scored, sprayed, steamed, and peeled... bit, by bit, bit. My wife has done the lion's share of removing the wallpaper, while I come behind with the sander and drywall mud and spackle to patch the various holes.

Every once in a while, we do take a break, and when we do, we spend time with our new toy that we received as a gift from my mother-in-law: a Wii. For those of you who are not familiar with this oddly-named device, a Wii is a video game system that gets you out of your chair and doesn't allow you to sit there, slack-jawed and drooling, as you operate a joystick. No, the Wii has a remote that you hold in your hand, and your actions with the remote control the actions of your character on the television. If you are playing tennis, then you must swing your remote like a tennis racket; if you are playing the boxing game, then you are standing up and jabbing your remote like a punch. There are times where you have to be careful and not get too close to the television, or you will accidentally punch the screen. If we are going to own a video game system, this is definitely the one I would choose. You can't beat a video game that gives you a healthy workout at the same time!

Good Day to You, Sir

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

V won a Wii last Christmas and we've had tons of fun with it since. My favorite game so far is bowling. I'm a total Kingpen. STRIIIIIIIII-gutter ball. :(

I want to get the Wii fitness package next. You know, the one that comes with the platform you stand on and do workouts on. Maybe I'll be able to do virtual hula hoop. V wants to get Guitar Hero.

As much as I enjoyed my Nintendo and the famous Mario Bros. of our youth, they pale in comparison.

T

The Vegas Art Guy said...

Hell I can't even find a Wii to buy anywhere... Enjoy it and remember that all gamecube games work on the Wii as well, and there are some great ones out there.