Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Obama continues to defend his wacko church/pastor

In a late-March interview with Philadelphia talk radio host Mike Smerconish, Barack Obama made an ass of himself - again - by continuing to defend the indefensible: The hate-filled racist comments of Revagogue Emeritus Jeremiah Wright, and Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago.

Obama had this to say about TUCC:
"This is not a crackpot church," the Democratic presidential candidate said of Trinity United Church of Christ. ". . . This is a pillar of the community, and if you go there on Easter, this Easter Sunday, and you sat down there in the pew, you would think this is just like any other church."
Now that Wright is gone, I would certainly hope things have improved, but don't count on it. Wright's replacement, the good Reverend Otis Moss III, is already stepping in it. Recently, Moss defended Wright from the pulpit and pointed out the error of the ways of people like me by quoting/paraphrasing rap artist Ice Cube by saying that critics had picked the "The wrong folk to mess with." I say "paraphrasing" because Ice Cube certainly did say it a little differently, and here is a supposed pastor in a church using a gangsta rapper as a reference. Watch Moss in action as he channels Mr. Cube (extremely naughty language alert!):



After telling Smerconish's listeners how wholesome TUCC is, Obama went on to try to explain away Wright's disgusting comments:
"The [comments] that are most offensive are ones that I never knew about until they were reported on," he said during the interview, which was taped Friday night and played back at 7:30 a.m. today. ". . . I don't want to suggest that somehow, the loops you have been seeing typified services all the time. But that is the danger of the YouTube era. It doesn't excuse what he said. But it does give it some perspective."
Once again, Obama tries the whole "I wasn't there when he said that stuff" defense. It is just pathetic. For the sake of argument, let's say that Obama wasn't there for any of the comments that have been videotaped (and put on the Wright's Greatest Hits DVD available in the church store). Is Barack Obama really asking me to believe that in twenty years of attending Wright's sermons, Wright never said anything as equally offensive as what we have seen on these "loops" on YouTube?

Let's talk about this "loops" business. Obama used that word with Smerconish, and he also used it in an interview with Chris Matthews on MSNBC. Obama is trying to diminish the impact of Wright's comments by painting them as some few-and-far-between aberrations that only sound bad when you hear them all "looped" together at once like you do on YouTube. At my Presbyterian church, I have been listening to the same minister's sermons since 2001. Sure, I have missed a couple of Sundays, but considering the countless Sundays my family and I have attended, I have never heard ANYTHING from the mouth of my minister that was uttered even one time by the good Reverend Jeremiah Wright. Radio host Mike Gallagher explained it best when he comically announced on his show, "I have a thing for German Shepherds... Hey I only said it once! I only admitted to bestiality one time! It shouldn't be held against me!" Obama is trying to excuse Wrights comments as things that were not said as often as is made out to be, apparently not realizing that the comments should never have been made at all! Obama is either very dense, very cynical, or very sheltered.

Let's put YouTube to good use again. Here is a video that has quickly made the rounds and has left Obama supporters and Lefties in general with their nylons in a wad:



OUCH!

Good Day to You, Sir

4 comments:

Don, American Idle said...

The Obamas are clearly racists. Make of that what you will.

Law and Order Teacher said...

Words do matter. To say he never was in church to hear these things requires a willing suspension of disbelief.

Anonymous said...

I wonder how many of my students, and their parents, would agree with what "Pastor" Wright teaches?

George

W.R. Chandler said...

George,
I would bet quite a few.