And just like that... only ten days after planting the six cypress trees in our front yard in an attempt to distract from and screen out our neighbors' disgusting RV, we got not one, but two offers on our house!
Right now it is down to who can submit the paperwork the fastest, and whoever does it first will be the ones who get our house. I won't breathe a final sigh of relief until escrow closes about a month from now, but I think it is safe to say that our saga may finally be coming to an end.
Assuming the offer goes through with no problems, then comes the fun part of finding a new house and moving into it within the next several weeks, all during the last month or so of the school year. In November, my wife and I hoped that it would work out so we could move during Christmas Break. It looked as if that would happen when we got an offer in the first week of December. But then that offer fell through. When Spring Break approached, we talked of how cool it would be if we could move during that time window, but then Spring Break came and went. Now that we have an offer in April, there is no way we can wait until Summer Vacation to move, so we are going to have to do this like normal people (non-teachers), and take a couple days off in conjunction with a weekend.
We already have a house in mind for our replacement, and unless some offer comes out of nowhere, there is a good chance we could get it if we want it. Nevertheless, my wife and I are going to go around with our agent this weekend and look at a bunch of houses just to make sure that the one we think is the one, really is the one.
Our fingers are crossed!
Good Day to You, Sir