Wednesday, April 11, 2007

... and finally, Mike Nifong's head on a platter

That's the final item on a long list of demands that I would be making if I were one of the accused Duke lacrosse players. Their ordeal at the hands of an overzealous, lying, race-baiting prosecutor is finally over. Today, the Attorney General of North Carolina, after previously taking the case away from Nifong, dropped all charges against the three Duke athletes. I think Michelle Malkin summed up the situation best on her blog:


And let's not forget:
Meet Crystal Mangum. She has been the anonymous source of this whole mess as she weaved story after story, each of which conflicted with the other. This woman must have some severe psychological problems that will hopefully, finally, be addressed. Apparently this was not the first time she accused a group of men with gang-raping her.

If I were a North Carolina legal official, my first order of business would be to disbar Mr. Nifong, thereby forcing him to give up his post as District Attorney for Durham, NC. If I were one of those accused Duke athletes, I would be preparing a lawsuit to take every penny Nifong has. I'm sure that is in the works.

Good Day to You, Sir

2 comments:

Darren said...

Those young men should not just sue Nifong, who may or may not be legally and individually liable for his misconduct in office. They should sue the county that continues to employ Nifong.

I'll bet they'd win.

And I hope they found other schools to attend, as well. The Duke faculty did not present itself well, especially the Gang of 88.

Chanman said...

I wonder if any of these 88 will have the stones to apologize?