Friday, February 23, 2007

As long as there are tests, there will always be prayer in schools

High stakes testing is coming up. The teachers have drilled, the students have studied, the administration has given their pep talks to both staff and students. Testing is upon us. Is there anything more we can do to ensure the students score well? How about we get the Almighty involved in this. I know! Let's anoint the students' desks!

Money quote from this article:
"We thought it was vandalism. It was greasy. It was oily," said fourth-grade teacher Chris Becker, who resigned later that week to take a teaching job in Citrus County.

"One of my colleagues said she was told by one of the secretaries it was prayer oil," he said. "I was very offended by that because I'm not a Christian." (Chanman's emphasis)
Get over yourself Mr. Becker, get over yourself. And just to head off the inevitable comment from one of my critical readers, which would be something along the lines of Well, Chanman, how would you feel if a bunch of Buddhist teachers drew Dharma Wheels on your kid's desk? That's easy - I WOULD THANK THEM FOR CARING!!! These Christophobes really need to find something else to get their panties in a wad.

Good Day to You, Sir

2 comments:

Darren said...

Wow, again!!! Great job!

Who do you know at the Bee?!

As far as what you wrote, you should try harder to tolerate the intolerant amongst us.

[sarcasm /off]

Chanman said...

I don't know what is going on. I must get to the bottom of who my mystery nominator is. I appreciate it, whoever it is...