Friday, August 04, 2006

Back to the trenches

Well boys and girls, the fun and games are about to come to an end. I go back to teaching on Monday. Today, we had our half-day staff meeting at the campus where we sit for almost three hours and listen to the admin and office staff tell us how to do this, and how we need to do that. I know that it's often necessary to give us all a refresher and I appreciate the clarification on certain issues, but I get antsy having to sit there just the same.

So, while you are doing whatever you do on a typical Monday morning in August, send good thoughts to the Chanman as he takes on grillz, and sagging pants, and disrespect, and world and U.S. history, and some students doing their best, and students laughing as I purposefully make a fool of myself on stage (what I call the front of the classroom). Teaching would really suck if I didn't love to do it so damn much.

Good Day to You, Sir

1 comment:

Darren said...

Heck, I thought *we* started early!

When do u get out?