Saturday, September 17, 2005

More of God's Country

I don't even need to keep this location a secret, as anyone with a scintilla of knowledge of Northern California would know that this is the majestic Mount Shasta, elevation 14,162 above sea level. I attended a small junior college located practically on the slopes of this mountain, and my three years there (yes, three years; I had a little too much fun in Junior College), I had some of the best times of my life. The Mount Shasta area is truly part of God's country and easily makes my top five list of most beautiful places on this earth.

By the way, the smaller mountain on the left side of the photo is Black Butte, a cinder cone formed by Mount Shasta thousands of years ago. Black Butte is about 7,000 feet above sea level and has a trail that goes to the summit. In July of 2000, my mother and I climbed to the summit of Black Butte and took some of the most amazing pictures of Mount Shasta. If only I had owned a digital camera at the time, I could easily post them to the blog. Oh well.

Good Day to You, Sir

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy memories of that climb. When are we going to do it again with the spider crawler?