Wednesday, August 31, 2005

The Way I Will Remember It


During Spring Break of 2003, the fetching Mrs. and I spent a couple of days in New Orleans. I snapped that picture in the French Quarter on, I believe, Dauphine Street. We had a great time, and we spoke tonight of how happy we are that we got a chance to go before Hurricane Katrina paid her costly visit. I am sure that for the Big Easy, life in that town will now be divided between "before Katrina", and "after Katrina". We are glad we were there before Katrina.
If you care to see New Orleans immortalized on celluloid, I recommend these movies:

The Big Easy (Dennis Quaid, Ellen Barkin, 1987)
Tightrope (Clint Eastwood, 1984)
JFK (Kevin Costner, 1991)
Double Jeopardy (Ashley Judd, 1999)

If New Orleans is never the same again, at least you can see these films to remember how it once was.

Good Day to You, Sir

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is sort of like watching movies about New York and looking for glimpses of the twin towers of the World Trade Center, knowing it is "before 9/11."