Friday, August 19, 2005

Obsessing about Che Again

Another update in the ongoing saga of the Che Guevara-worshipping teacher who occupies the room next to mine. He sent an email to all the teachers today about something... doesn't matter what. What is important was his little standard signoff at the end of the email. You know how people do that, right? Heck, I do it. You have probably noticed that I end every blog entry with "Good Day to You, Sir". Anyway, this teacher's signoff said "Hasta la Victoria Siempre".

When I saw that, I had a thought. So I went to Google and typed in that quote along with the word "Che", and look out! Entry after entry of t-shirts, memorial websites, you name it - All with Che's image with that quote next to it.

Excuse me, I am going to retch a bit as I think about some of the agitprop crap that Mr. Che-Phile is teaching to those students in his classroom.

Good Day to You, Sir... and why not...? Hasta la Victoria Siempre!!!

No comments: