Thursday, February 07, 2008

No! Really? I mean, really?


Here's a shocker: Bryant Purvis, one of the members of the "Jena 6", was arrested for assault at the school to which he transferred in the wake of all the publicity from the racial brouhaha in Jena, Louisiana.

The last time we heard from Bryant Purvis was when he was one of two knuckleheads who were rewarded for their violent ways by being given a standing ovation when they took the stage as presenters at a Black Entertainment Television (BET) awards show. I blogged about this BET travesty when it happened back in October of last year. Here is young Mr. Purvis in his more cocky times. I believe he is the knucklehead on the left? I can't tell, what with the "stunner" shades and the cap on sideways.

It's sad to see that in the wake of the violence in Jena that started all this, young Mr. Purvis would have learned that there are better ways to settle disagreements with others. On the other hand, seeing as how beating a kid unconscious previously netted Purvis a standing ovation, you can probably see why he thought participating in another beatdown would be advantageous.

Good Day to You, Sir

2 comments:

W.R. Chandler said...

I haven't found out what color the kid was in this latest beating, but I would be interested to know.

Anonymous said...

I read two articles, one from Texas, the other from Chicago; both quote adults justifying Purvis' actions as just being a normal kid. I never knocked anyone unconscious or rammed somebodies face into a bench, did you?