Saturday, May 20, 2006

More Required Reading

I have discovered another writer on the Web who is a must read. I wouldn't so much call him a blogger than I would a columnist. His name is Fred Reed, and he has a website called Fred On Everything. In it, he gives his views on our current military endeavors, race relations, our infantile culture, and the way things used to be. I have linked to his homepage. Just click on the "column" button on the menu, and you will have hours of reading to do; all worth it.

Good Day to You, Sir

2 comments:

Darren said...

I wonder if he's the same Fred Reed who used to have a column in the Army Times back in the 80s. He was good then, but everything he's written that's been forwarded to me lately shows me he's gone over the edge of the cliff--and it's a long way down.

W.R. Chandler said...

Of course I don't agree with everything he says - especially his views on the war in Iraq - but I find his candor and his style of prose to be... refreshing.

BTW, he is the same Fred Reed from the Army Times.